When you don’t have time to make breakfast or need an afternoon snack to keep you going, these are the way to go. No chemical preservative and are also amazing crumbled up with some vanilla yogurt!
Powerhouse Breakfast Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups quick oats (they are finer cut and more powdery)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Peanut, Almond or Sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 3 Bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 dried cranberries or raisins (or both)
- 1/3 Chocolate or carob chips
Mix all ingredients together. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Flatten the tops slightly as these cookies do not rise or spread when they bake.
Bake at 325 degrees for 15-16 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool completely and store in an airtight container or freeze in a freezer bag.