by Erin of Mountain Rose Herbs
This body scrub is so easy to make and smells amazing. It leaves your skin feeling refreshed but not too minty as the soft vanilla bean aroma lightly perfumes your skin. Honey is a luxurious ingredient that helps moisturize, nourish, and protect the skin with its antioxidant, antimicrobial, and humectant properties. In fact, I love to use honey alone as a face mask several times a month. If you’re collecting recipes for this year’s herbal handmade holiday gifts, this one will be perfect for the vanilla lovers out there.
- 1 cup fine sea salt or fine organic sugar
- 1/2 cup organic sweet almond oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 1 organic vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 10 drops organic peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the salt or sugar with the oil, scraped vanilla bean pulp, and honey.
- Add essential oil and stir. If too oily, add more salt or sugar until you reach the desired grainy paste consistency.
- Scoop into a jar with the split vanilla bean on the bottom for a decorative touch and screw the lid on tight.
- Use a tablespoon of scrub at a time and rub the paste in your palms until loosened.
- Gently massage into wet skin and rinse after 2-5 minutes. Your skin will feel exfoliated and moisturized!