Baklava is one of my favorite “makes me weak in the knees” desserts, but even for the seasoned cook/baker working with phyllo dough can be a bit daunting. This streamlines the process making it very easy to make and very healthy… no additives, preservatives, gluten, etc. There are really not too many ingredients, especially since you’re leaving out the dough, and then you don’t even need to bake them!! They are super easy to make!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pistachios shelled
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- pinch of salt if nuts were both unsalted
- Put all the nuts, cinnamon and lemon zest into a food processor and pulse until powdery but still slightly chunky.
- In a separate bowl mix butter, honey and vanilla.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together and form into little balls. Set on parchment paper and put in fridge for at least 20 minutes to set.