Frybread, Bannock, Naan, Puri, Langos or Sopapillas – no matter what you call it, you’ll always call it delicious!
A quick and easy frybread that can be modified with herbs and/or spices to compliment any meal and can be used for your favorite pizza toppings, sandwiches, and tacos as well. The only limit is your imagination!
- 4 unbleached all-purpose organic flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (~110 degrees F)
- Coconut oil or lard for deep frying, can brush with ghee or olive oil to pan fry
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water. Knead until soft but not sticky. Shape dough into balls about 3 inches in diameter. Flatten into patties 1/2 inch thick.
- Deep fry one at a time in 1 inch of hot coconut oil or lard, or brush with ghee or olive oil and fry in a non-stick or cast iron skilled, turning to brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.